This St. Patrick’s Day, I’m cooking a traditional Irish dinner for my family. I’m making my all-time favorite recipes from Ireland: mouthwatering Guinness beef stew .It’s really easy, and I’m using my Copper Chef Square nonstick pot.
Is there anything more comforting than beef stew? I love to cook this particular stew because the Guinness gives it an extra rich, succulent flavor. Since I’m using some of the best nonstick cookware, nothing sticks to the pan. The Cerami-tech nonstick coating is one of the things that makes cooking this recipe in a Copper Chef pan so much easier than it was for our grandmothers.
I like that I don’t have add too much oil when I’m browning the meat and vegetables because too much oil can really throw off this recipe. I go from preparation to the table with just one pot. I can even finish the dish dutch-oven style because this nonstick square grill pan is great for both the stove top and the oven.
I always finish this special stew in the oven because that really un-locks all of the juicy flavors from the meat and vegetables.
Now here’s the best part? Leftovers! This stew gets better and better over time. It reheats so well, you’ll be eating it for an entire week afterwards. I love to serve it with a big, crusty loaf of sourdough bread to make it an even heartier meal. You can find the recipe for my favorite Guinness St. Patrick’s day beef stew below.
2 cans Guinness
2 cups of water or stock
1 ½ lb of beef (for stew) large cubes
3 med red potatoes large dice
1 lb Carrot cut on a bias large
1 small onion diced
¼ cup Potato starch
2 springs Thyme
Salt and pepper
Parsley Chopped for garnish
- Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Pre heat your oven to 380 F
- Dredge the beef in potato starch to coat each piece
- Pre heat the Copper Chef large Square pan. Add 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sear the beef in small batches reserve for later.
- Once all the beef has been seared add the onions to the Copper Chef.
- Return all the beef, add the beer let it come to a boil then add the water/stock
- Add in the remaining ingredients. Mix ingredients
- After the stew has come to a boil place the lid on the Copper Chef and move the Copper Chef to the preheated oven, cook for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour carefully remove Copper Chef from the oven, stir, garnish with parsley and Serve