Sweet and Sour Shrimp
Copper Chef 9.5" Deep Square Pan
Recipe Type: Seafood
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 0.5 cup green and red pepper diced
- 0.25 cup onions diced
- 0.5 cup pineapple diced
- 1 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 7 cup canola oil for frying
- 1.5 cup club soda cold for tempura batter
- 1 cup flour for tempura batter
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch for tempura batter
- 1 egg beaten
- 0.25 cup corn starch
- In a bowl make the tempura batter first. And keep cold until ready to use
- Add all the dry ingredients, then the club soda and egg. Mix while adding in liquid, stir until smooth.
- Add oil to Copper Chef pan, heat on the stove to 375 F.
- While oil is heating dredge shrimp in cornstarch before dipping in to Tempura batter
- When oil is hot put the fry basket in the oil.
- Then dip each shrimp in the batter then carefully lower the battered shrimp into the oil.
- Hold each shrimp by the tail while dipping it in the batter. Then dip the battered shrimp in the oil half way, hold for 2-3 seconds before releasing the shrimp. Repeat until basket is full.
- When shrimp are golden brown raise basket out of oil, reserve for later.
- If need repeat until all the shrimp are cooked
- In a clean bowl add in the shrimp, pineapple, onion and pepper. Pour in Sweet and sour sauce, toss to mix.
- Serve over white rice.