Beer Braised Chicken
Copper Chef 11” Deep Dish Casserole Pan
Recipe Type: Chicken
- 5 pound chicken
- 1 beer lager
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 onion large diced
- 2 carrots large cut bias
- 8 baby red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley and marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Pre heat oven to 350 F
- Rinse and remove innards from chicken. Tie the legs together for even cooking.
- Place chicken in the Copper Chef, Season the chicken with the spices rub in the spices
- Place the vegetable along the sides of the chicken starting with the potatoes, carrots then the onions.
- Pour in the beer along the side, so you don’t wash the spices off the chicken.
- Cover the Copper Chef pan with the lid. Place on the stove, med to high heat. Once it come to a boil, Put the pan in the preheated oven for 30 min. Use two hands to carry the pan use both handles.
- At 40 minutes carefully remove the lid off the Copper Chef Pan, and turn up the oven to 400 to brown the outside of the chicken,
- Once chicken has cooked serve with potatoes, carrot and onions from the pan,
- Reserve pan dripping as an au jus.