Recipe Type: International Recipes
- 1 large skinless cod
- 1 cup flour for dredging
- 2 Eggs
- 1.5 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 0.75 bottle light beer
- 2 us liquid quart vegetable oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- 0.5 cup shredded cabbage
- 0.5 cup mango salsa
- 0 cilantro for garnish
- 0 sour cream for garnish
- 0 lime for garnish
- Add the oil to the Copper Chef Pan. Preheat the oil to 375 F
- In a bowl make the beer batter.
- Whip the eggs. Add the salt, ½ the beer then slowly add in the flour. Whisk in the remaining beer until it’s the consistency of pancake batter.
- In a new platter with the flour, dredge the cod strip in the flour.
- Dip the floured fish strips into the beer batter.
- Next place the fry basket into the oil.
- Then slowly drop the battered fish strips in to the preheated oil.
- Repeat step and cook till golden brown.
- Pull up the fry basket once the fish is cooked. Rest the basket on the side of the pan using the hook on the side of the basket. Let the fish drain off any excess oil.
- Lay the tortillas down and place a fish strip on the tortilla and top with cabbage, salsa, cilantro, sour cream and squeeze of lime.