Brown Sugar and Bourbon Glazed Ham
Copper Chef 11" Deep Dish Casserole Pan
Recipe Type: Holiday Recipes
- 1 8 pound bone in cooked, smoked ham
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 0.5 cup bourbon
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted
- 0.25 teaspoon cloves
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Remove the ham from the packaging, rinse and pat dry.
2. Place the ham cut-side down on the steaming rack of a Copper Chef.
3. Cover the entire ham with aluminum foil. Cook for 2 hours and 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the glaze. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the sugar, bourbon, butter and cloves. Stir to combine.
5. Raise the oven temperature to 425 degrees. Use a sharp knife to score a diamond pattern into the ham. Brush the glaze liberally over the ham, getting into all the nooks.
6. Cook for 15 minutes. Reapply the glaze and cook an additional 15 minutes.
7. Pour the remaining glaze over the ham and cook for a final 15 minutes. Rest the ham 15-20 minutes before slicing.