Copper Chef 11" Deep Dish Casserole Pan
Recipe Type: Holiday Recipes
- 4 sheets store bought pie dough, thawed
- 3 pound whole milk ricotta
- 1 pound Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 Large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 0.333333 cup pecorino cheese, grated
- 8 ounce sweet dry sausage, casing removed , diced
- 0.25 cup parsley, chopped
- 0.5 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 0 egg wash
- 2 tablespoon Demerara sugar for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Layer Copper Chef 11" Deep Dish Casserole Pan with three sheets of the pie dough. Be sure to press the individual pieces together to form one sheet, and line the pan almost to the top.
2. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, stir the ricotta until smooth. Add the eggs to the ricotta, two at a time, mixing well before adding the next set. Add the yolks and stir to combine.
3. Add the pecorino, sausage, prosciutto, mozzarella, parsley, pepper, and salt and mix well to combine.
4. Pour the ricotta mixture into the pastry-lined Copper Chef.
5. Use a pizza cutter to cut the remaining pie dough sheet into strips. Create a lattice over the cheese mixture. Brush the exposed dough with egg wash and sprinkle with the Demerara sugar.
6. Bake for about one hour and forty-five minutes, until the the cheese is almost completely set.
7. Allow the pizza rustica to cool at room temperature for one hour before transferring to the refrigerator. Serve cold.