Boston Cream Cake
Copper Chef Perfect Cake Pan
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1.5 cup vanilla pudding, divided
- 8 ounce chocolate chips
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Make the yellow cake mix according to manufacturer’s instructions.
3. Place the Copper Pocket Insert into a Copper Cake Pan. Ensure the “bumps” are facing upwards.
4. Pour the batter into the pan.
5. Bake until set, about 45 minutes.
6. Cool the cake on a wire rack before flipping it out of the pan.
7. Carefully remove the insert.
8. Cool completely.
9. Transfer the cake to a serving platter.
10. Fill the cavities with the pudding.
11. Refrigerate the cake.
12. Meanwhile, make the ganache.
13. Bring the heavy cream to simmer.
14. Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate and let sit for 3 minutes.
15. Whisk until smooth.
16. Allow the ganache to cool to room temperature.
17. Glaze the cake with the ganache.
18. Pipe vanilla pudding stars onto the cream filled cavities.