Eggplant Wrapped Baked Ziti
Copper Chef Perfect Loaf Pan
Recipe Type: Pasta
- 5 cup ziti
- 1.25 cup Marinara sauce
- 1.5 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup pecorino
- 2 eggplants
- 0 Canola Oil
- 0 Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the ziti, marinara sauce, mozzarella and pecorino; toss to combine.
- Season the eggplant slices with salt and pepper.
- Heat a Copper Chef oven medium-high heat.
- Drizzle a thin layer of canola oil into the pan.
- Cook the eggplant until lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the cooked eggplant onto paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Place the Easy-Lift Tray into a Copper Loaf Pan.
- Place 3 slices of the eggplant on each long side of the pan, leaving an overhang.
- Place one slice on each short side of the pan, leaving an overhang.
- Place 2 slices of eggplant on the bottom of the pan to create a “crust.”
- Spoon the ziti into the Copper Loaf Pan.
- Place 2 slices of eggplant over the ziti.
- Fold all the eggplant slices along the sides to seal.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Rest for 10 minutes before serving.