Corned Beef and Cabbage
Copper Chef 9.5 inch Deep Square Pan
Recipe Type: Beef
- 4 pound corned beef brisket
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 2 Bay leaves
- 12 ounce can beer
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 6 Sprigs thyme
- 1 pound carrots cut into large chunks
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved
- 1 large cabbage, rinsed, quartered
- 0 sliced rye bread, for serving
- 0 mustard, for serving
- Place the corned beef into a Copper Chef 9.5 inch Deep Square Pan.
- Add the peppercorns, allspice, mustard seeds, bay leaves and beer.
- Add enough water to cover the meat.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, and thyme.
- Add more water to cover the vegetables.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, cover and simmer an additional 15 minutes.
- Transfer the corned beef and vegetables to a serving platter and cover with aluminum foil.
- Add the cabbage to the liquid and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with rye bread and mustard.