Grilled Strawberry Shortcake
Copper Chef Grill
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 1 pound strawberries
- 0.25 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon strawberry liquor
- 1 store bough angel food cake
- 2 cup whipped topping
- 1 pinch Fresh mint
- In a medium bowl, toss the strawberries with the sugar and, if using, liquor.
- Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Slice the angel food cake into 1” pieces.
- Preheat a Copper Chef Grill Pan over medium-high heat.
- Grill the cake pieces, two minutes per side.
- To assemble, place a piece of cake on a serving plate.
- Spoon some of the strawberries and juice over the cake.
- Place a dollop of whipped topping over the strawberries
- Garnish with fresh mint.