Recipe Type: Dessert
- 1 cup milk
- 0.5 tablespoon dry active yeast
- 2 Eggs
- 0.75 stick butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 3 cup flour
- 2 us liquid quart Canola Oil
- 2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 tablespoon hot water
1. In an electric mixer using the dough blade, add all of the doughnut ingredients, except canola oil. Mix on low to start, then move to medium speed. When the dough forms a ball, remove from the mixer and put into a clean bowl. Cover the bowl with a towel and put in a warm place until it doubles in size (about 1 hour).
2. After the dough has doubled in size (proofed), place on a floured surface and roll to about an inch thick. With a doughnut cutter, cut out the doughnuts. Place the doughnuts on a floured pan for about 45-minutes until doubled in size.
3. Place the Deep-Dish Diamond Pan on medium-high heat. Fill the pan halfway with canola oil.
4. Use tongs to carefully lower the doughnuts into the oil. Cook on both sides until golden brown.
5. Place the doughnuts on a baking rack to cool.
6. Make the glaze by mixing all the glaze ingredients in a bowl.
7. When the doughnuts are cool, pour the glaze over them.