Recipe Type: Dessert
- 2 classic white cake mixes
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 5 Eggs
- 3 cup shredded cocnut
- 1.5 cup butter
- 9 cup confectioners sugar
- 0.5 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350º F.
2. Using an electric mixer, place the cake mixes into a bowl. Add all of the ingredients. Mix well.
3. Pour batter into the Copper Chef. Bake until done, about 70 minutes. You can tell when the cake is done by placing a toothpick into the middle. When it comes out clean, it’s done.
4. When the cake is done, remove from the oven and set aside for 45 minutes or until cool. Once the cake is cooled, carefully remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
5. Make the frosting: place the butter in the clean mixer bowl. Cream until smooth. Add the confectioners sugar and coconut extract. Alternate with the milk until creamy.
6. Once the cake is completely cooled, flip it over and cut horizontally into 2 pieces. Remove the top layer and set aside.
7. Frost the center of the cake about ½inch thick. Place the top layer of the cake back on. Frost the sides and then the top. Once the cake is frosted, apply the shredded coconut to the top and sides.