Recipe Type: Dessert
- 1.5 cup water
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 us liquid quart Canola Oil
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
1. In an electric mixer, add all ingredients, except canola oil, and confectioners sugar in order. Turn the mixer to low and mix until the dough forms a ball.
2. On a floured surface, place the dough down and flour the dough. Roll the dough out and cut into small pieces.
3. Place the Deep-Dish Diamond Pan on high heat and fill with canola oil halfway. Heat canola oil to 365º F/185º C.
4. Carefully drop the dough in spoonfuls into the hot oil. Cook until lightly golden.
5. Dust with confectioners sugar before serving.
Chef’s Tip: Zeppoles are also great filled. Add some vanilla pudding to a zip-top bag. Cut off the corner and use it as a piping bag to fill each zeppole after it’s cooled